Linking to documents
If you want to link to a document like a PDF file, follow the steps below.
- In the Content Box, enter the text to be used as the link.
- Highlight the text.
- Click on the Link tool
- The Link Properties box will open.
- Click Browse Server to locate your document file
- The Resources Browser window will open. Make sure you are in the Files folder.
- If the document is not listed, click Upload and then Browse to locate the file on your machine.
- Select the file you want to upload and click Open then click Upload Selected File.
The file will be uploaded to the server and will be highlighted for you to easily locate.
- Double click on the document file you wish to link to.
- This will insert the file path in the Link Properties box.
- Select Target tab and set Target as (New Window _blank)
- This will open the link in a new window.
- Click OK to insert the link to the document.
You can also use an image instead of text to link to your document. Follow the instructions for Placing an image, highlight the image and then follow the instructions above.
You can also link to video and audio files using this method, but these files will not play embedded on the web page and will have to be downloaded to the visitors machine to be played.